The following are some frequently asked questions for your reference. If you still cannot solve your problem, please do not hesitate to contact us!
This section covers commonly asked questions prior to purchasing an account. If you have any more questions however please do not hesitate to contact us and our sales team will be more than happy in assisting you in any difficulty you might have!
- How do I transfer my domain hosting to ANG Malta?
- Does ANG Malta offer telephone support?
- What are ANG Malta's terms of service?
- Is telnet or SSH access available?
- How many FTP accounts are provided?
- Does ANG Malta offer pre-installed web applications?
- Does ANG Malta backup my web site and it's data?
Control Panel Enquiries
All our hosting accounts come with a full control panen in order to assit you in the managing of your hosting and website. The control panel that we usilise is SwSoft Plesk, which is a very powerful control panel allowing you, the domain owner, to manage all aspects of your web hosting account.
This FAQ section covers common questions that we receive regarding this control panel. Please also note that we provide a manual regarding the use of the control panel explaining all it's functions. (click here to see it)
- What is the URL to my control panel?
- Why am I locked out of my control panel?
- What is a web user and how do I create one?
- How do I check my web space or transfer?
- How do I change my FTP password?
- How do I change my control panel password?
- How do I use my control panel file manager?
- How do I password protect my directories?
Site Publishing Enquiries:
The process of doing a website starts by first desiging the website on your computer, and inserting all content and material.
Once you are happy as how the website operates and looks, you can proceed to upload it to your web hosting account, so it can be accessible from the internet. This section explains some common issues encountered during this process.
- How do I upload my web site via FrontPage?
- How do I upload my web site via FTP?
- What do I need to call my default page?
- How do I create a customized error page?
E-Mail Setup related Enquiries:
All the web hosting accounts provide POP3 E-Mail services to our clients. You can set up a number of accounts such as email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and more as you wish.
In order to operate your E-Mail account correctly we have set up this FAQ section which does provide you with information you might use during this process.
- How do I set up e-mail accounts in my control panel?
- How do I set up Outlook to receive e-mails?
- I get the following error when sending, why?
- How do I set up e-mail forwarding?
- How do I set up a catch-all e-mail address?
- How do I access the web based e-mail?
CGI Scripts Enquiries:
The use of CGI scripts and other related technologies will allow your website to be a dynamic one. Customer interaction, dynamic content generation, databases and more can all be now used together from your website through the use of scripting languages such as Perl and PHP and databases such as MySQL.
ANG Malta does support a vast range of these languages, such as Server Side Includes, Perl, PHP, Phyton, Apache ASP and Tomcat JSP applications. We also provide you with tools in order to manage your database from an easy to use interface through your control panel!
- What are the CGI basics that I should know?
- What's the path to Perl, Sendmail, CGI-bin?
- How do I set up a new MySQL database?
- How do I maintain an existing database?